From: Paul Benedict [mailto:pbened...@apache.org]
Sent: Montag, 27. Juni 2016 18:15
To: Langer, Christoph <christoph.lan...@sap.com>
Cc: Kenji Kazumura <k...@jp.fujitsu.com>; Chris Hegarty
<chris.hega...@oracle.com>; nio-...@openjdk.java.net;
core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net; net-...@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: RFR 8158023: SocketExceptions contain too little information
sometimes

Christoph, I didn't understand your explanation on your message preference.
Typically root cause information is printed last, not first. Another reason not
to change the ordering of the exception message is that applications may be
looking at existing strings. For this example, if I may presume "Bad file
number" is an existing message, I would defer to the possibility applications
may be exist that test for that message condition.

Cheers,
Paul

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 2:42 AM, Langer, Christoph