> On 18 Oct 2016, at 12:07, Martin Buchholz <marti...@google.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Paul Sandoz <paul.san...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Testing-wise there is always gonna be some overlap. It would be nice to
> consolidate, although arguably in principle TCK has a slightly different
> focus. Now that the tck is in the OpenJDK repo perhaps we should add that to
> the jdk_collections_core?

Ah, i see they are already implicitly included under the jdk_concurrent group.

# All collections, core and concurrent
jdk_collections = \
    :jdk_collections_core \

# java.util.concurrent
# Includes concurrent collections plus other stuff
# Maintained by JSR-166 EG (Doug Lea et al)
jdk_concurrent = \

Hmm… not sure i have a strong opinion here regarding the removal of the core
group. I think the comment should be updated to state tck tests are included.

> I don't think the distinction between  jdk_collections_core and
> jdk_collections is useful.  Too many tests test both kinds of collections,
> and there's  inheritance.  Just get rid of jdk_collections_core, and add:
> test/java/util/Spliterator

Yes, that’s useful to add to the collection group.

> test/java/util/stream/test/org/openjdk/tests/java/util/stream/CollectorsTest.java

The above tests j.u.s.Collector implementations rather than collections
themselves (even thought it produces collections), so i think it should not be