> On Mar 19, 2017, at 3:42 PM, Peter Levart <peter.lev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alan,
>>
>> When integrating with the cache came up on jigsaw-dev a few work ago then I
>> think Mandy wanted to defer to it to JDK 10. However since canAccess is new
>> then having is be more efficient might be good, it just mightn't be a P1/P2
>> for RDP2. Can you re-base the patch against jake as has changed this code
>> and then maybe we can figure out whether to pull it into jake?

Right I considered the optimization with the cache but deferred it as a
follow-up issue.

> No problem. Here it is (against tip of jake/jdk):
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk9-jake/AccessibleObject.canAccess_caching/webrev.02/

This patch looks good and nice speedup.  It may be good to pull in to jake for
integration into jdk9 that will cover more testing.

Reflection.java
line 339-342: formatting nit: parameters in the signature consistent with the
convention used in this file (see verifyMemberAccess method for example).

> This patch changes a little when the stacktrace requested by
> sun.reflect.debugModuleAccessChecks system property is printed. In original
> code it is printed when the access (invocation, get/set) itself fails as well
> as when AccessibleObject.canAccess() returns false. Is that what was
> intended? Patched code only prints when the actual access attempt fails and
> not when canAccess() returns false.

Good catch.  canAccess is a test method that does not change the access and no
t printing the stack trace sounds right to me.

Thanks for this fix.
Mandy