On 08/06/2017 17:18, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
Alan,

I totally agree there are many places which we need to clean up in
testlibraries, including these weird dependencies, but it would be much easier
to clean up test libraries after they are merged in one place. personally I
don't think that NetworkConfiguration depending on Platform is a problem, I'd
even say that NetworkConfiguration reimplementing methods from Platform is a
problem. however even if we remove such dependencies now, one harmless
refactoring of test libraries might get us back to instability of test results.
it seems Jon has some ideas how to improve this situation, Ioi and I had
several discussions about that as well, I believe we can come out w/ an elegant
solution for this problem quite soon. meanwhile I'd echo Jon and recommend to
apply these fixes to solve our current test execution problem.
I assume the issue with Platform is that it's using jdk.test.lib.Utils. If that dependency is removed (and it looks trivial) then would it reduce the @build usage in your patch?

-Alan.