On 11/03/17 09:48, Peter Levart wrote:
Hi Sherman,

I think this looks good now. Thanks.

Regards, Peter

Just one more thing. Re-reading the code once more after a few days made me re-think about why in my last version I did what I did with CleanableResource.inflaters field. In CleanableResource.run() I reset it to null after 1st ending all cached inflaters. This makes ZipFileInflaterInputStream(s) that are cleaned after the ZipFile has been cleaned, release the inflaters immediately and not in next GC round:

 623         void releaseInflater(Inflater inf) {
 624             Deque<Inflater> inflaters = this.inflaters;
 625             if (inflaters != null) {
 626                 synchronized (inflaters) {
 627                     // double checked!
 628                     if (this.inflaters == inflaters) {
 629                         inf.reset();
 630                         inflaters.add(inf);
 631                         return;
 632                     }
 633                 }
 634             }
 635             // inflaters cache already closed - just end late comers
 636             inf.end();
 637         }

 639         public void run() {
 640             // Release cached inflaters and close inflaters cache 1st
 641             Deque<Inflater> inflaters = this.inflaters;
 642             if (inflaters != null) {
 643                 synchronized (inflaters) {
 644                     // no need to double-check as only one thread gets a chance
 645                     // to execute run() (Cleaner guarantee)...
 646                     Inflater inf;
 647                     while ((inf = inflaters.poll()) != null) {
 648                         inf.end();
 649                     }
 650                     // close inflaters cache
 651                     this.inflaters = null;
 652                 }
 653             }

For example, in the following code:

{
    ZipFile zf = ...
    ZipEntry ze = zf.getEntry(...);
    InputStream is = zf.getInputStream(ze);

}
// 1st GC round

...we want all native resources to be released in 1st GC round after 'zf' and 'is' become unreachable.

Regards, Peter