Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the apiNote! Joe re-approved the CSR with the added apiNote.

For a test that compares Latin1 vs UTF16 coders, I added tests to the compact string's CompareTo test[1], basically running the original test for String with StringBuilder/Buffer. A build with jdk_core tests passed.

Here's the updated webrev:
webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk11/8137326/webrev/

[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk11/8137326/webrev/test/jdk/java/lang/String/CompactString/CompareTo.java.sdiff.html

Best,