Hello,

A few initial comments, not my final review.

Objects implementing the AnnotatedElement interface are also created in javac during annotation processing. As a secondary concern, it would be good to be have behavior between both javac and runtime annotations consistent when possible. (My own to-do list includes at least once such alignment JDK-8164819: "Make javac's toString() on annotation objects consistent with core reflection".)

Even in javac we've moved away from test and directory names based on bugid. I'd recommend incorporating these regression tests into the existing tests in

    test/jdk/java/lang/annotation/Missing

or creating a subdirectory for conditions, etc..

It would be worth verifying whether or not this change also covers java.lang.reflect.Executable.getParameterAnnotations(), more specifically the implementation of that method in Method and Constructor. The method getParameterAnnotations() is much less used than getAnnotations and the other methods on the AnnotatedElement interface, but still part of the annotations feature.

(As a follow-up refactoring, it might be worthwhile to replace the interior of the three parseFooArray methods to a shared method that is passed a lambda for the "Object value = parseFooValue(/*args to get foo*/...);" logic.)

Thanks,

-Joe