> On Feb 27, 2018, at 7:42 AM, Claes Redestad <claes.redes...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> when generating LF classes with InvokerBytecodeGenerator, almost 5% of
> executed code is concerned with determining if members and parameters are
> statically invocable and/or nameable, which we can assert is always true for
> MethodHandle arguments.

IIRC this is for the case where we can reliably crack open the method handle
(from it’s member name) and invoke it directly?

> Since MethodHandle targets and parameters are common, it's a profitable
> startup optimization to add a fast-path test for this.
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8198755/jdk.00/

 957         for (int i = 0; i < mtype.parameterCount(); i++)
 958             if (!isStaticallyNameable(mtype.parameterType(i)))

Revert back to:

         for (Class<?> ptype : mtype.parameterArray())
              if (!isStaticallyNameable(ptype))

?

Paul.