> On May 5, 2018, at 8:03 AM, B. Blaser <bsr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 4 May 2018 at 17:42, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:
>> On 04/05/2018 16:31, B. Blaser wrote:
>>>
>>> :
>>>
>>> I'll create a new JBS issue (unless you want to) since the fix is
>>> mostly located in core-libs and only intended to make the build
>>> complete.
>>> But I'll still need someone to review and push the fix, would you be
>>> interested in doing this?
>>>
>> I think someone needs to explore the behavior on other platforms too as the
>> #ifndef __linux__ patches are ugly.
>
> Yes sure but I cannot test it elsewhere myself... and we can easily
> remove them once POSIX officially deprecates 'readdir_r' or if someone
> validates the fix on other systems.

I'm not sure anyone has the ability to test on all supported.  That
doesn't (and really can't) prevent making changes across platforms to
platform-specific code.  It just means one needs to get help with
testing.  Make the change across platforms, test on those platforms
one has access to, and ask here for help testing on others.

Waiting for a POSIX change is even more like watching paint dry than
waiting for Java releases used to be.