On 4/30/18 10:21 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:

The updated webrev looks good. A minor comment is that I assume you can remove the cast from Executable::declaredAnnotations if you leave Executable::getRoot in place.

It could but leave it as is.  I found that this change breaks the hack that uses reflection to change a static final field by changing the private modifiers field in the Field object. That is a terrible hack but I think it's better to separate this incompatibility from this issue.  I modified the fix to change the modifiers of the root and child field object be the same.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk11/webrevs/8202113/webrev.02/

Mandy