On 4.6.2018 17:00, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 31/05/2018 10:11, Jan Lahoda wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to upgrade the JOpt Simple library we are using to version
5.0.4.

Complete webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlahoda/8203891/webrev.00/complete/

Delta webrev only showing (all) JDK changes in JOpt Simple and related
changes in tests needed for the upgrade, etc.:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlahoda/8203891/webrev.00/joptsimple.delta/

Probably the biggest issue with this upgrade is that for two
subsequent parameters:
"--libs=", "/tmp"
"/tmp" used to be interpreted as the parameter of "libs", but now the
"libs" parameter is empty (as there's nothing behind the '='). See the
changes to test/jdk/tools/jmod/JmodTest.java for an example.
Hopefully, this is a reasonable change.

How does this look?
Surprising to see that jmod needs to be updated too but I think it's
okay, the update to the jmods tests too.

I believe the API has been changed to use List instead of Collection on a few places here:
https://github.com/jopt-simple/jopt-simple/commit/b8f859ac95a37dcb9abb084fe226da341963950d

So the changes to jmod reflect that.

One question - does the update to make/CompileJavaModules.gmk mean that
we were missing the JOpt Simple properties file from the run-time image?

I believe the properties files have not been part of 4.6, the messages have been hardcoded in the classfiles. So the need to copy them is new.

Thanks,
    Jan

-Alan.