On 06/21/2018 07:01 PM, Tony Printezis wrote:
I’m trying exactly that. :-)

Sorry, I didn't know. Here's my attempt:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk-dev/DBBCache_Cleanup/webrev.07/

I also added @run main/othervm to TempDirectBuffersReclamation test.

Peter

—————
Tony Printezis | @TonyPrintezis | tprinte...@twitter.com <mailto:tprinte...@twitter.com>

On June 21, 2018 at 12:59:58 PM, Peter Levart (peter.lev...@gmail.com <mailto:peter.lev...@gmail.com>) wrote:

On 06/21/2018 06:17 PM, Tony Printezis wrote:
I was saying: I looked at TestMaxCachedBufferSize and, unfortunately, I don’t think the test makes a lot of sense right now as it checks the number / size of direct buffers after all the threads terminate and, with this change, that should always be 0.

You're right. The test makes no sense now. As I understand, the test checked that number/size of allocated temporary buffers did not exceed the estimated calculated size by checking the MXBean immediately after threads terminate. This will never happen after the change as they will all be freed before checking, regardless of how many were and how much was allocated.

Perhaps the test should be modified to include a latch so that threads wait until the measurement is made and only then are allowed to exit...

Regards, Peter