Hello,

in sun.nio.fs.WindowsDirectoryStream I see that the code which iterates the
Directory goes to some length to retain the file attributes returned from that
function (by attaching them to a WindowsPathWithAttributes (aka
BasicFileAttributesHolder).

And indeed I can see that class in my DirectroyStream Iterator or Filter.
However I do not see that the normal WindowsFilesystemProvider (or actually
WindowsFileAttributes#get() check for instances of that. This way None of the
Files.getAttributeView seem to Benefit from that.

So I wonder is this missing or is there some other way you are supposed to work
with this cached Attributes?

For 8 I can work with instanceof, but that might no longer be an Option with
JPMS.

Gruss
Bernd
--