On 2018-09-27 17:53, Andrew Dinn wrote:
On 27/09/18 16:37, Raffaello Giulietti wrote:
   . . .
I thank you in advance for your willingness to review the code but my
understanding is that only the officially appointed reviewers can
approve OpenJDK contributions, which is of course a good policy.
Besides, as two Andrews engineers from RedHat correctly observe,
understanding the rationale of the code without the planned accompanying
paper is hard.

Oh no, let me stop you right there! Anyone competent can offer a review
(well incompetent people can too but let's assume they get ignored :-).
Indeed, an expert critique is always very welcome and reviewers normally
get credited even if they have no official status. The official
reviewers are needed for a final say so. No one sensible is going to
reject clear and clearly justified advice.

An excellent policy, indeed!

I'm not a contributor to the Jdk, and this isn't my full-time job. I
was lurking here because I was going to send a patch for the double to
string conversion code myself (based on Ryu).

All my efforts on this projects are done in my unpaid spare time, too.
Which is very much appreciated, thank you.

Thank all of you for your interest in this issue.

Greetings
Raffaello