Thank you Tagir!

I think your solution is quite clever, and the fix looks good.

While we are here: Would it make sense to use CopiesList only for n > 0, and make nCopies() and nCopies().subList() return Collection.emptyList() otherwise?

This would allow to remove the check for n == 0 in a couple of places.
Also an unnecessary reference to the `element` wouldn't be kept.

With kind regards,
Ivan