Hi Ivan,

In the direction of not changing the behavior; the webrev does change the behavior.

In the case of CharSeqence with length -1..-16, the new behavior throws NegativeArrayIndexException
instead of java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException.

AbstractStringBuilder:101-102 throw an exception for length < 0.
However, the current behavior is to create a StringBuffer with length + 16 and then append the contents.  For -1..-16, it will succeed in creating a StringBuffer
but fail with IndexOutOfBoundsException during the append of the contents.

The new Test should pass both before and after the change to the code.

Roger