Hi Nishit,

The reason is that "US" is the only required locale in the JDK (cf. Locale.getAvailableLocales(). In fact, initially I supplied "001" with it, as it means the "world" in CLDR, but it broke some existing tests. "001" returns "MONDAY" as the first day of week, whereas "SUNDAY" in US. For the compatibility reason, I had to resort to "US". I am not sure we want to hardcode "1" in this case without any convincing reason.

Naoto