PS Looking more closely, I see the the <code> issue is addressed in the 01 version of the webrev; I was only looking at the 00 version before :-)

Thanks,

-Joe

On 3/21/2019 2:11 PM, Joseph D. Darcy wrote:
Hi Naoto,

Thanks,

-Joe

On 3/21/2019 1:54 PM, Naoto Sato wrote:
Hello,

Please review the fix to the following issue:

Here is the CSR and proposed changeset:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~naoto/8220224/webrev.01/

DecimalFormatSymbols assumes minus/percent/permille as a single character, which is not capable of supporting ones for BiDi languages that involve BiDi formatting characters. With this fix, DecimalFormatSymbols uses String variants of symbols from CLDR, and retains them for serialization.

The above webrev contains <code> tag cleanup which was suggested in the CSR. The following webrev only contains relevant changes to the issue (excluding those <code> cleanup):

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~naoto/8220224/webrev.00/

Naoto