> On Apr 18, 2019, at 11:44 AM, Raffaello Giulietti
> <raffaello.giulie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> here's another revision of the patch. Its purpose is to overcome the test
> failure observed in [1]. To this end, the patch adds
>
> FloatToDecimal.appendTo(float, Appendable) and
> DoubleToDecimal.appendTo(double, Appendable)
>
> static methods to help AbstractStringBuilder in using the corrected algorithm
> implemented in
>
> FloatToDecimal.toString(float) and
> DoubleToDecimal.toString(double), respectively.
>
> The implementation has been jmh tested to make sure there are no performance
> regressions.

Thanks, Raffaello.

> As there are now only less than two months left before Rampdown 1 for OpenJDK
> 13, I beg anybody interested in reviewing this patch to contact me for any
> question or clarification. Also, you might want to take a look at the CSR [2].

+1 on both counts.

> As usual, Brian will make the patch available as webrev in the coming hours.

Please see

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/4511638/webrev.03/

I wonder whether in the new AbstractStringBuilder.append() changes the
constructs:
 880         try {
 881             FloatToDecimal.appendTo(f, this);
 882         } catch (IOException ignored) {
 883             assert false;
 884         }
might be better as:
 880         try {
 881             FloatToDecimal.appendTo(f, this);
 882         } catch (IOException cause) {
 883             throw new RuntimeException(cause);
 884         }
Comments appreciated.

Brian