Hi Thomas,

A minor concern is the impact of the extra write and read that can cause rescheduling of the parent and child processes.  But that's probably in the noise compared to the real work of exec.  It would raise the complexity quite a bit/too much to code a single read
in the parent that could expect 0/4/8 bytes.

At ProcessImpl_md.c: 708: the "Read failed" is less than informative.
(Though it is the same as the pre-existing one at 720).
But I suppose it has never happened.  The 'Exec failed' is more specific than 'read'.
And it has probably never been seen.

Thanks, Roger