Hi Kasper,
as usual, a getter on a volatile field will return a method handle that does a
volatile read.
The idea of the basic methodhandles, the one for field access, method calls,
etc is to have exactly the same semantics as the bytecode equivalent, so
unreflectGetter works like getfield and unreflectSetter like putfield.

If you want a different semantics, you can use the VarHandles.

regards,
Rémi