Hello!

It seems that there's an unused method in java.lang.Integer with the
following signature:
static void formatUnsignedInt(int val, int shift, char[] buf, int offset,
int len)

Seems it exists since pre-compact-string times [1]. The callsite was
replaced in the changeset 2cd62a4bd471 [2] to the method which accepts
byte[] array instead of char[], but the old method still exists.

The similar method java.lang.long::formatUnsignedLong was removed in
unrelated changeset 66cdb7e01a3e [3] while adapting UUID.toString() for
compact strings. But Integer method still stays with us.

Should we remove unused java.lang.Integer::formatUnsignedInt or am I
missing something?

With best regards,
Tagir Valeev

[2] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/2cd62a4bd471