Hi,

On 2019-06-24 09:27, Thomas Stüfe wrote:
However, your patch (and the original one) contained the following part I
do not understand:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8215281.11u/src/java.base/windows/classes/sun/nio/ch/FileDispatcherImpl.java.udiff.html

      static boolean isFastFileTransferRequested() {
          String fileTransferProp = GetPropertyAction
-                .privilegedGetProperty("jdk.nio.enableFastFileTransfer");
-        boolean enable;
-        if ("".equals(fileTransferProp)) {
-            enable = true;
-        } else {
-            enable = Boolean.parseBoolean(fileTransferProp);
-        }
-        return enable;
+                .privilegedGetProperty("jdk.nio.enableFastFileTransfer",
"false");
+        return fileTransferProp.isEmpty() ? true :
Boolean.parseBoolean(fileTransferProp);
      }

The old version called GetPropertyAction::privilegedGetProperty() without
default value. The new versions passes "false" as default value. I fail to
see how this could ever return an empty string? Also, would that not change
default behavior?

Behavior before and after should be the same.

Both System.getProperty("jdk.nio.enableFastFileTransfer") and
System.getProperty("jdk.nio.enableFastFileTransfer", "false") will
return "" in case -Djdk.nio.enableFastFileTransfer is specified. The
default "false" only changes so that we don't have to deal with
fileTransferProp being null, which I thought made for a nice little
cleanup.

/Claes