I did not read the help output well enough where it says "used if no
command line arguments are given to the launcher".
This means we cannot set any default arguments to the application launcher
and support manually entered command line arguments by the user.

Is there a reason for this limitation? Why not support arguments from both
the launcher and command line.

I created a small test application on GitHub with similar build script we
use on our application: https://github.com/DJViking/test-javafx
It has one argument --log-level configured with jpackage.
./gradlew createNative
./build/native/test-javafx/bin/test-javafx --other=argument
When running this app the --log-level argument are not passed to the
application.

/Sverre