I use a very similar workflow, but I’m building for all platforms. I want the
image to produce a simple zipped version of the app, and I want all the
installer/bundles/packages as well.

I also agree with all of the “would be nice to haves” - Particularly
service/daemon support.
I also agree with the recent comments here about getting back the user options
support and having a way for args in the configure file to stay and be
augmented by arguments added on the command line by the user.

Scott