I am using build 14-jpackage+1-35 with WiX 3.11.1.2318 to build an MSI
installer. If I am understanding the comments in thread "RFR: JDK-8229779:
Shortcut creation policy", a start menu entry (and desktop shortcut?)
should always be produced with this version of jpackage command line
options? The MSI installer I've created does not create a start menu entry,
even when I include the --win-menu option. Other people seem to have the
opposite problem (start menu item when they don't want it), so clearly I'm
doing something wrong...

C:\Apps\OpenJDKs\jdk-14/bin/jpackage --package-type msi --output
D:\Work\MuseProject\ide\closed\install\build\jpackage --name
MuseIDE-launcher --app-image
D:\Work\MuseProject\ide\closed\install\build\jpackage/MuseIDE-launcher
--win-per-user-install --win-menu --app-version 3.1 --name MuseIDE-Launcher

Other than this message, which I assume is a warning, the execution is
successful:
  Multiple launchers found in predefined app-image. jvm will be used as
primary launcher.

Are there other options that would influence getting a start menu item
added by the installer?

FWIW, I am using gradle with the org.beryx.runtime plugin to create the
image and installer. Are there settings/options/stuff in the image that
would affect creation of the start menu item?

TIA!
Chris

--
¡ɹǝʌo ǝɯ lloɹ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı