On 21/10/2019 00:37, Alexey Ivanov wrote:

Yes, JNICALL affects 32-bit Windows only. And this is exactly why "JNU_NewStringPLatform" cannot be found by its name on 32-bit Windows; "NewStringPlatform" is not declared as JNICALL and it can be found by its undecorated name on 32-bit Windows and all the other platforms. I believe it's the reason why this alias exists.

Another way to fix it is to lookup the undecorated name first and, if it fails, to lookup the decorated name, which makes the code harder to read.

With this patch, I'm reverting the code to the state it was before.
If you are blocked building Windows 32-bit then reverting that part, as you've proposed, should be okay. You can create a second issue to re-do the cleanup.

-Alan