[1] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/csr/CSR+FAQs

Thanks,
Ichiroh Takiguchi

On 2019-10-29 03:03, naoto.s...@oracle.com wrote:
Hi Takiguchi-san,

On 10/28/19 9:51 AM, Ichiroh Takiguchi wrote:
Hello.

I have no idea about compatibility impact.

But according to ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/12.1.0/ucd/UnicodeData.txt
These are BOX DRAWINGS characters.

2550;BOX DRAWINGS DOUBLE HORIZONTAL;So;0;ON;;;;;N;FORMS DOUBLE HORIZONTAL;;;; 255E;BOX DRAWINGS VERTICAL SINGLE AND RIGHT DOUBLE;So;0;ON;;;;;N;FORMS VERTICAL SINGLE AND RIGHT DOUBLE;;;; 2561;BOX DRAWINGS VERTICAL SINGLE AND LEFT DOUBLE;So;0;ON;;;;;N;FORMS VERTICAL SINGLE AND LEFT DOUBLE;;;; 256A;BOX DRAWINGS VERTICAL SINGLE AND HORIZONTAL DOUBLE;So;0;ON;;;;;N;FORMS VERTICAL SINGLE AND HORIZONTAL DOUBLE;;;;

I don't think it was used as valuable data until now.
I think it's necessary to evaluate compatibility.

What do you mean by "until now"? Are there customers claiming that it
should be corrected? Since the current JDK's mapping is not incorrect
per se (not just "best match"), I would like to know why this needs to
be fixed now.

Naoto

To Sato-san,
if you have any question and suggestion, please let me know.

To other reviewers,
please let me know if you have any question and concern.

Thanks,
Ichiroh Takiguchi