Hi Richard,

I confirm these issues are reproducible on OL7. Filed https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8233218.

- Alexey

On 10/30/2019 6:49 AM, Richard Evans wrote:
Using 14-jpackage+1-64 with file associations including a png icon, I see the RPM includes this in the removal script:

xdg-icon-resource uninstall application-x-edqlaunch

The problem is that the xdg-icon-resource command requires a --size argument:

xdg-icon-resource uninstall [--noupdate] [--theme theme] [--context context] [--mode mode] --size size icon-name

so an erase fails with an error like:

xdg-icon-resource: the icon size must be specified with --size
Try 'xdg-icon-resource --help' for more information.
error: %preun(edq-0.27-1.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: edq-0.27-1.x86_64: erase failed

leaving the package partly uninstalled.  Earlier when I looked in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/ I see my icon under "0x0" so it looks like a size should be specified when the package is installed.

I don't see anything like this in the bugs list.

Thanks

Richard