On 14/11/2019 15:37, Langer, Christoph wrote:
Hi,

please review this cleanup change regarding function "canonicalize" of libjava.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8234185.0/

The goal is to cleanup how this function is defined and used. One thing is, that there was an unnecessary
wrapper function "Canonicalize" in jni_util.c. It wrapped the call to "canonicalize". We
can get rid of this wrapper. Unfortunately, it is not possible to just export "canonicalize" since
this will conflict with a method signature from the math library, at least on modern Linuxes. So I decided to
call the method JDK_Canonicalize and will correctly define it in jdk_util.h which can be included everywhere.

I think this change is okay. My main concern when initially seeing this go by was that it would leak the \\?\ or \\?\UNC\ prefix into the canonical File when it wasn't there previously, this would of course have several implications. But I think you have it right and this is, as you position, just refactoring/cleanup.

-Alan