Hi Jan,

I have addressed your comments on delta iteration [1]

[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vromero/records.review/all_code/webrev.01_delta.01/ some comments below.

On 11/29/19 11:30 AM, Jan Lahoda wrote:
Hi Vcente,

Overall, looks fine I think. A few comments on the javac implementation:
-in TypeEnter, I believe this:
memberEnter.memberEnter(tree.defs.diff(List.convert(JCTree.class, defsBeforeAddingNewMembers)), env);
is unnecessary

yep removed

(and fairly slow). defsBeforeAddingNewMembers is initialized to tree.defs a few lines above, and I don't think tree.defs is modified between the point defsBeforeAddingNewMembers and this line. I.e. the diff will be empty, but very slow to compute (basically n^2, unless I am mistaken). Not having this line would also help in not changing:
test/langtools/tools/javac/importscope/T8193717.java
(If the tree.defs would be changed, I would suggest to keep track of which members were added, and avoid the List.diff - tree.defs can contain a lot of elements, and the diff is fairly slow.)

-in test/langtools/tools/javac/expswitch/ExpSwitchNestingTest.java, the --enable-preview should no longer be needed

done

-Flags.COMPACT_RECORD_CONSTRUCTOR says it is only for MethodSymbols, but is also for VarSymbols. Either the comment should be adjusted, or (possibly better), there could be a different/new flag for the fields. (That new flag can reuse the same bit position as COMPACT_RECORD_CONSTRUCTOR, of course.)

done

-nits:
--Lower.generateMandatedAccessors: could be rewritten using filter() to avoid having an if in the forEach, or changed even more by using filter-map-collect (and avoid having a manual ListBuffer). For your consideration

yep done

--AttrContext.java: no need to move the isLambda initialization, correct? (i.e. the actual change is adding isSerializableLambda, but the diff says isLambda is removed and added on a different place).
done
--in src/jdk.compiler/share/classes/com/sun/source/doctree/DocTree.java and src/jdk.compiler/share/classes/com/sun/source/util/DocTreeFactory.java, there are no changes except for a change in the copyright years - these could be presumably stripped.
yep done
--there is a TODO in:
src/java.compiler/share/classes/javax/lang/model/SourceVersion.java
presumably, this could be resolved based on the current spec?

I think that this comment doesn't apply as there is no need for any additional change. I have removed it

Jan

Thanks,
Vicente