Hello Lance,

On 28/02/20 2:41 am, Lance Andersen wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> I have cleaned up, re-vamped and added more coverage to the test.  As
> part of this I started to lay the foundation for removing some of the
> duplicate code as part of continued clean up and enhanced coverage
> going forward
>
> The revised webrev can be found
> at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lancea/8211917/webrev.00/index.html

This all looks good to me (of course, I'm not an official reviewer). The
new base testcase for zipfs related testing is definitely going to help
in future fixes/enhancements.

I just had one question in there:

+++ new/test/jdk/jdk/nio/zipfs/testng/util/ZipFsBaseTest.java

+                {Map.of("create", "true", "noCompression", "true"),
+                        ZipEntry.STORED},
+                {Map.of("create", "true", "noCompression", "false"),
+                        ZipEntry.DEFLATED}

From what I had read in the javadoc of the private method
getDefaultCompressionMethod in jdk.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystem,
the "noCompression" property is only there for backward compatibility reasons
and the new way
of configuring this semantic is the use of "compressionMethod" property (with
value of either STORED
or DEFLATED). Is the use of "noCompression" in this base test class intentional
or is it just a personal preference?
I'm fine either way, but wanted to know if I should stick to this form in any
future test cases.

-Jaikiran