On 23/03/2020 19:39, Chris Hegarty wrote:

On 23 Mar 2020, at 19:18, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com <mailto:alan.bate...@oracle.com>> wrote:

Socket(SocketImpl) is only specified to do a permission check when the impl is non-null. The socket adaptor in JDK 12 and older releases doesn't have a dummy impl so the change should not be needed. If there is a security exception thrownhere then it suggests something may be broken elsewhere, do you have a stack trace?

I suspect that only the ServerSocketAdapter part of the change is needed, since ServerSocket(SocketImpl) does a security check regardless of the value of the given SocketImpl.

The old ServerSocketAdapter implementation pre-dates that protected constructor. I don't have cycles to dig into what is going on in the update releases but if there is a security exception bring thrown in either case then it suggests that something is broken elsewhere.

-Alan