Looks good.

—

Separately, not for this issue, the code changes you made impact what is mostly
unused code. I don’t recall us ever changing the default strategy, nor I am
aware of others changing it via a system property (except for our tests), are
you?

At the time when we introduced this feature we were not sure what might play
out, now the dust has settled and we are more informed shall we consider
removing the code for the other non-default strategies, thereby reducing the
maintenance burden?

Paul.