On 5/19/20 11:55 AM, Yang Zhang wrote:
> Following up on review requests of API [0], Java implementation and
> test [1], General Hotspot changes[2] for Vector API and x86 backend
> changes [3]. Here's a request for review of AArch64 backend changes
> required for supporting the Vector API:
>
> JEP: https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/338
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~yzhang/vectorapi/vectorapi.rfr/aarch64_webrev/webrev.01/
>
> Complete implementation resides in vector-unstable branch of panama/dev
> repository [4].

This looks great, and it's very impressive. Unfortunately, there are few
of us sufficiently knowledgeable about Panama to review it in the detail
that perhaps it deserves. I'm happy with it.

However, we need tests for the new assembly instructions, so please add some
to aarch64_asmtest.py and update macroassemler.cpp.

Also, aarch64.ad is getting to be far too large, and perhaps all the vector
stuff should be moved into a new file. Thanks.

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer