Hi Harold,

On 1/06/2020 8:57 am, Harold Seigel wrote:
Thanks for the comments.

Here's version 3 of the JDK and VM changes for sealed classes.

full webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/sealedClasses.8225056.3/webrev/

The new webrev contains just the following three changes:

 1. The sealed classes API's in Class.java (permittedSubclasses() and
    isSealed()) were revised and, in particular, API
    permittedSubclasses() no longer uses reflection.

For those following along we have presently abandoned the attempt to cache the array in ReflectionData.

Current changes look okay. But I note from the CSR there appears to be a further minor update to the javadoc coming.

 2. An unneeded 'if' statement was removed from
    JVM_GetPermittedSubclasses() (pointed out by David.)

Looks good.

 3. VM runtime test files SealedUnnamedModuleIntfTest.java and
    Permitted.java were changed to add a test case for a non-public
    permitted subclass and its sealed superclass being in the same
    module and package.

Looks good.

Additionally, two follow on RFE's will be filed.  One to add additional VM sealed classes tests

Thanks. I think there is a more mechanical approach to testing here that will allow the complete matrix to be easily covered with minimal duplication between testing for named and unnamed modules.

and one to improve the implementations of the sealed classes API's in Class.java.

Thanks.

David
-----

Thanks, Harold