Hi Claes,

This looks okay.

Mandy

On 6/1/20 4:55 AM, Claes Redestad wrote:
Hi,

comparing startup profiles on a few application I found a few cases
where a few more classes are being generated at runtime compared to JDK
14.

This is due to the removal of hard-coded defaults in
GenerateJLIClassesPlugin[1], in combination with how earlier
implementations of SCF (used at the time those hard-coded defaults were
captured) were more aggressive at generating higher-arity SpeciesData
classes.

To compensate, this patch adds a few cases of even higher-arity String
concat expressions, which smooths things out a bit (effect of
JDK-8230301 is still good since it removes a number of hard-coded
shapes we are unlikely to ever produce on the current JDK)

Bug:    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8246251
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8246251/open.00/

Testing: tier1-2

Thanks!