Hi Joe,

Thank you for your review.

On 7/15/20 10:57 AM, Joe Wang wrote:
Hi Naoto,

In StringUTF16.java, if one is isHighSurrogate and the other not, you may quickly return without going through the rest of the process, probably not significant as cp1 and cp2 and/or u1 and u2 won't be equal anyways. But it could skip a couple of toCodePoint/toUpperCase/toLowerCase calls.

Yes, that is correct as of now, which is based on the assumption that case mappings do not cross BMP and supplementary planes boundary. I could not find any description where that's given or not. So I just took it to be safe.

Naoto

-Joe