Hi Mandy,

that's actually the opposite, the 2nd subtest is run only in modes other than
Xcomp, as w/ Xcomp the test creates lots of adapters and used to lead to JVM
failure as described in 7049122. I tried to reproduce this failure, but in
vain,..  after a bit more historical digging, I realized that the underlying
problem was 7009641, which has been fixed in hs25/jdk8. so I've changed the fix
for 8249697 to simply return run w/ '-DRicochetTest.MAX_ARITY=255':
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8249697/webrev.02

I've verified that the test passes w/ Xcomp and
 - -XX:+TieredCompilation (c1 + c2);
 - -XX:-TieredCompilation (c2-only);
 - -XX:+NeverActAsServerClassMachine (emulated-client, c1-only)

the test was run 100 times on {linux,windows,macos}-x64 w/ 0 failures.

Thanks,
-- Igor