Hi Sean,

I think the changes are OK in the latest version.  A couple of the files have a
2019 copyright still.

> On Aug 27, 2020, at 10:58 AM, Weijun Wang <weijun.w...@oracle.com> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 27, 2020, at 10:36 AM, Seán Coffey <sean.cof...@oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the review Max. Comments inline..
>>
>> On 27/08/2020 14:45, Weijun Wang wrote:
>>> I’m OK with using one warning, but prefer it to a little more formal like
>>> "POSIX file permission and/or symlink attributes detected…”.
>>>
>>> One nit in ZipFile.java:
>>>
>>> 1098                 // only set posix perms value via ZipEntry constructor
>>> for now
>>> 1099                 @Override
>>> 1100                 public int getExtraAttributes(ZipEntry ze) {
>>>
>>> Maybe you can just remove the comment.
>>>
>>> Do you also want to rename the “posixPermsDetected" field and loacl
>>> variable “perms” in JarSigner.java?
>>
>> Good points. Edits made.
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8250968.v3/webrev/
>>

>>> I’m not sure about the test but if zipfs is able to keep permissions inside
>>> a zip file then that POSIX byte (or whatever it’s named) is already there
>>> and we can modify it to include more bits.
>>
>> Looks like it was a conscious design decision to only allow recording of
>> POSIX permission bits for this field (& 0xFFF). I don't see anything about
>> symlink support in zipfs docs.
>
> As long as that *byte* is there and it’s not difficult to locate, we can
> manually add the *bit* for symlink and see if jarsigner can keep it.

We can create an RFE for adding support for this with Zip FS.

> —Max
>

>> regards,
>> Sean.
>>

>>> No other comment.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Max

Best
Lance

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
lance.ander...@oracle.com