On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 11:46:47 GMT, Chris Hegarty <che...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review the corresponding CSR:
>>     https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8251991
>
> Hi Roger,
>
> This looks very good.
>
> I have a few minor comments:
>
> 1. Add an explicit type parameter <A extends Appendable> to toHexDigits
> 2. Some clean opportunities to reduce line lengths in the test.
>
> I went ahead and created a PR for these, I hope that it ok. Please take a
> look https://github.com/RogerRiggs/jdk/pull/1
> .

Maybe I'm being too pedantic, but is the use of the term _copy_ for the withers
overly prescriptive, and possibly
limiting an implementation? For example, for `withDelimiter` does _copy_
preclude such an implementation:

     /**
      * Returns a copy of this {@code HexFormat} with the delimiter.
      * @param delimiter the delimiter, non-null, may be empty
      * @return a copy of this {@code HexFormat} with the delimiter
      */
     public HexFormat withDelimiter(String delimiter) {
+        if (delimiter.equals(this.delimiter))
+            return this;
         return new HexFormat(delimiter, this.prefix, this.suffix, this.digits);
     }