On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 22:36:34 GMT, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaub...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> With clang 10.0, the compiler now detects a new class of warnings. The
>> `misleading-indentation` warning has previously been disabled on gcc for
>> hotspot and libfdlibm.  Now we need to disable it for clang as well.
>
> Why do we disable the warning instead of fixing the incorrect indentations?

@glaubitz Good question. :) If you want to start fixing code to get rid of
disabled warnings, I will not stand in your way!

For example, in hotspot and gcc, we have `parentheses comment unknown-pragmas
address delete-non-virtual-dtor char-subscripts array-bounds
int-in-bool-context ignored-qualifiers missing-field-initializers
implicit-fallthrough empty-body strict-overflow sequence-point
maybe-uninitialized misleading-indentation cast-function-type
shift-negative-value`. I believe many of these should be fixed and removed from
the list of disabled warnings.

But this bug is about disabling a warning in one compiler that we have already
decided to disable in another.