On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 03:31:15 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/hotspot/cpu/aarch64/universalUpcallHandler_aarch64.cpp line 55:
>>
>>> 53:
>>> 54: // FIXME: This should be initialized explicitly instead of lazily/racily
>>> 55: static void upcall_init() {
>>
>> The FIXME is right this should be initialized as a well known class and
>> referred to here as SystemDictionary::ProgrammableUpcallHandler_klass().
>> This really doesn't belong here.
>
> I agree with Coleen.

I'll give this another try, but I think last time I tried this resolution of
the class failed when trying to build the JDK, seemingly since it exists in an
incubator module, which is not always added to the module graph.