> Both the Foreign Memory Access and the Foreign Linker APIs leave something to
> be desired when it comes to handling NPEs - first, most of the API javadoc is
> oblivious to NPEs being thrown. Secondly, not all API method implementations
> add expicit NPE checks - with the result of NPE often being thrown very deep
> in the call chain - if at all. Third, test for API coverage of nulls is
> ad-hoc.
>
> This patch rectifies all these issues. To increase coverage for null injected
> into APIs, this patch introduces a new framework for testing an API in bulk,
> so that all methods are reflectively called with some values replaced with
> nulls, so that all combinations are tried.
>
> I've also added, as part of this patch, a test to cover the statics in
> MemoryAccess which were not covered throughly.

Maurizio Cimadamore has updated the pull request incrementally with one
additional commit since the last revision:

  Add coarser-grained statements abut NPE handling at the class level.
  Add test support for LibraryLookup.

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/1388/files/54d5e148..bbdff9fb

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=1388&range=03
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=1388&range=02-03

  Stats: 241 lines in 16 files changed: 54 ins; 185 del; 2 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/1388/head:pull/1388