On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 17:01:35 GMT, Roger Riggs <rri...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/HexFormat.java line 528:
>>
>>> 526:      * a range of the character array.
>>> 527:      *
>>> 528:      * Each byte value is parsed as the prefix, two case insensitive
>>> hexadecimal characters,
>>
>> Each *char* value ...
>
> The value being parsed is a byte, constructed from the input consisting of
> prefix, two hex characters, and the suffix.

I am not a native English speaker, but I thought what was parsed is a string -
or in this case a `char` array - in order to obtain a `byte` array; So maybe
`Each byte value is computed by parsing a prefix, ...` or something along those
lines? Or maybe simply `Each byte value is parsed *from* a prefix, ...`

Feel free to disregard if I'm mistaken.