On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 21:32:46 GMT, Anton Kozlov <akoz...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I wonder if we should be "upping" that to something later.
>> 10.9 is over 7 years old and has been out of support for what - 4 years ?
>
> Interesting, I still able to run the build after this change on macOS 10.9.5.
> I use jdk image and there is no LC_VERSION_MIN_MACOSX in libjvm. libjli,
> libjava have one, and it's 10.9

The current intention is to be consistent with the min system version and it's
currently set to 10.9. If libjvm.dylib gets a different value, then that would
be a bug, but note that this could also vary depending on how the build is
configured and the compiler version used.

So far, I have only bumped this version once, and that was because the
toolchain required it when switching to Clang from GCC. Keeping it low is nice
for backwards compatibility. That said, I don't see a problem with increasing
this value to 10.10 if it's needed for something. Even 10.10 was EOL a long
time ago now. The current value is set in make/autoconf/flags.m4.

The discrepancy in Info.plist was fixed in JDK-8252145.