On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 09:38:40 GMT, Johannes Kuhn
<github.com+652983+dasbr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Simple fix - one line change:
> https://openjdk.github.io/cr/?repo=jdk&pr=2000&range=00#sdiff-0.
>
> Most of the changes come from an additional test that fails without this fix:
>
>      Error: Unable to load main class somelib.test.TestMain in module somelib
>       java.lang.IllegalAccessError: superclass access check failed: class
> somelib.test.TestMain (in module somelib) cannot access class
> java.lang.Object (in module java.base) because module java.base does not
> export java.lang to module somelib
>
> As described in JDK-8259395.
> You can view the output of the test without patch here:
> https://github.com/DasBrain/jdk/runs/1668078245
>
> Thanks to @AlanBateman for pointing out the right fix.

test/jdk/jdk/modules/scenarios/automaticmodules/RunWithAutomaticModules.java
line 186:

> 184:     }
> 185:
> 186:     /**

The update to ModulePatcher is fine,  that was an oversight that was missed
because it's a real corner to have an automatic module be the initial module
and patch it to add additional packages at the same time.

The tests for --patch-module are in jdk/tools/launcher/modules/patch. I was
planning to add tests there for patching automatic modules when I created the
issue (I didn't know you were going to create a PR for it).