On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 02:28:31 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <cole...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/hotspot/share/classfile/systemDictionary.cpp line 503:
>>
>>> 501:     } else {
>>> 502:      log_debug(protectiondomain)("granted");
>>> 503:     }
>>
>> Did you intend leaving this in?
>
> Yes, why not? It's very useful in logging.

There's no context for this final bit out of output. It could appear many lines
after the earlier logging, and unless there is some locking around all this,
could be interleaved with different PD checks. It seems to me that all the
logging could occur after the Java call and include the success/failure. It
could also include whether the check trivially succeeded due to there being no
SM.