On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 19:30:02 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Roger Riggs has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   optimize case of 10.16 and SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT is set
>
> Looks good.

Thanks for the fix! This is probably the best we can get without spawning an
external process to e.g. call sw_vers to get the actual, non-compat version
number.

Unfortunately, the test java/lang/System/OsVersionTest.java will still fail on
systems where the MacOS version has a patch number (>1), e.g. the current MacOS
11.2.1 - in line with Kevin's report about the behavior on an 11.0.1 system.

I will open another ticket and propose a test update that relaxes the check in
the test a little...