On Fri, 21 May 2021 20:37:30 GMT, Weijun Wang <wei...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The code change refactors classes that have a `SuppressWarnings("removal")`
>> annotation that covers more than 50KB of code. The big annotation is often
>> quite faraway from the actual deprecated API usage it is suppressing, and
>> with the annotation covering too big a portion it's easy to call other
>> deprecated methods without being noticed.
>>
>> The code change shows some common solutions to avoid such too wide
>> annotations:
>>
>> 1. Extract calls into a method and add annotation on that method
>> 2. Assign the return value of a deprecated method call to a new local
>> variable and add annotation on the declaration, and then assign that value
>> to the original l-value if not void. The local variable will be called `tmp`
>> if later reassigned or `dummy` if it will be discarded.
>> 3. Put declaration and assignment into a single statement if possible.
>> 4. Rewrite code to achieve #3 above.
>>
>> I'll add a copyright year update commit before integration.
>
> Weijun Wang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   update FtpClient.java

The dependent pull request has now been integrated, and the target branch of
this pull request has been updated. This means that changes from the dependent
pull request can start to show up as belonging to this pull request, which may
be confusing for reviewers. To remedy this situation, simply merge the latest
changes from the new target branch into this pull request by running commands
similar to these in the local repository for your personal fork:

git checkout 8266459
git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk master
git merge FETCH_HEAD
# if there are conflicts, follow the instructions given by git merge
git commit -m "Merge master"
git push